Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Joann's is the bane of my exsistence and other sewingcapades

I don't think there is a week that goes by that I don't grace the doorway of Joann's ETC near my work. I am a craftaholic! It's really neat cause there really isn't a section of Joanns that I haven't purchased something from. I sew, knit, make jewelry, scrapbook, make soaps and even arrange silk flowers! I mean, not trying to toot my own horn or anything but I am pretty freakin' creative! Hee hee.

I went yesterday in search of a pattern for an apron. I signed up for an apron swap on Swap-Bot and of course my partner wants a full apron (I had planned on making a half apron, no pattern needed!) Well it just so happened that they were having a president's day sale and all the Simplicity patterns were $1 (score!)

This is the pattern I ended up picking:


I love that its retro and love even more that its a simple pattern and only takes 1 yard of fabric. I picked a really cute white on blue floral toile-like pattern and I am going to use red bias tape. I got started last night, got all the pieces cut out and got the darts sewn in to the bodice. I had fun cutting out the pattern. My work area is small so i decided to cut the pattern out on the floor so I would have less trouble. Daisy saw this as permission to take flying leaps right into the middle of the paper with claws extended. Loverly.

I'll let you know how it turns out!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Kitties just love to help out! They're crafty too! I've been doing minor artsy projects around the house the past 2 weekends & Reagan & Duckie just love to help!