Friday, October 10, 2008

Hi, my name is Kristen and I have an ebay addiction

It's true. I mean, not to the point of shamelessly bidding on hundreds of items i don't want or need, but i really cannot help myself sometimes.

I'll tell you what, you may judge me for this, but I totally get a rush putting in my bid in the last 30 seconds of the auction, heart pounding, hitting the refresh button every second to see if someone got another bid in above yours.

I was all set to win this fabulous TiVo, with Linksys wireless adapter and everything for a rediculously low price the other night. In my usual fashion I sat at the computer and watched the minutes count down till the end of the auction. Okay, 1 minte left, type my bid and wait with pointer poised over the "Make a Bid" button, yes, 30 seconds, make my bid. Okay refresh refresh refresh....15 seconds....I HAVE BEEN OUTBID BY .50 OMG....bid again..................

We are sorry, this auction has ended.

Someone freakin outbid me with 15 seconds left. Bitches. I hate you.

Sometimes, I even bid on auctions from my cell phone.....yes, I said it, my cell phone...

Sad. I know.

Hi, my name is Kristen, and I have an ebay addiction.

2 comments:

Suedehead said...

ROTFLMAO!
but 30 seconds can be eternity in ebay time!
(ever watched Kenner auctions?)
I hate it even more when I "miss my appointment" with Ebay and then I get back home and see the item of my dreams has sold for dirt cheap.
And I'm obsessed with the idea of having one of my must haves pop up and sell out while I'm not watching ebay... I even started searching the 'completed listings' to see what I've missed. It's insane.

Kristen said...

Amen sister! Ebay junkies unite!!