Thursday, February 12, 2009

Yay for $2 footwear!

Let’s stop just a minute and reflect on God’s gift to feet. Yep. Old Navy Flip Flops.

If you know me in any capacity, you know that I hate close toed, tight fitting shoes. My tootsies need to be free! So naturally, flip flops are just perfect for me. You all know that from March to October (hey I live in the South, its WARM here) you can look at me at any given moment and tell what color my nail polish is.

I have all sorts of flip flops. Target has some really cute ones, with gros grain ribbon type straps. Very preppy and cute. I even have dressy ones with heels. But, the all time love of my flip flop wearin’ life is Old Navy flip flops. Now, I don’t remember exactly when I discovered these babies, it was probably in high school some time. Since then you will never catch me without them.

I had a bit of a meltdown when they changed them a few years ago. Gone where the soft foamy soles. *sigh* They replaced the soles with some sort of rubber-foamy material. I had a love-hate relationship with this new material for the first year or so, but now I am fully on board. It’s comfortable and seems to last longer.

I haven’t been to Old Navy in about a month, (which is weird, usually I’m there once a week!) so I have yet to stock up for this year. I have to stock up early in the year because Old Navy discriminates against girls like me with big feet and they only stock a few pairs in size 10! Grrr. But, this year I decided to do my annual stock up online. 2 pairs for $5, you can’t beat it with a stick, or even a stiletto! I just made my order and 5 sparkling new pairs are headed my way.

My toes are rejoicing!

No comments: