Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A penny saved is a penny earned.

My Mom always makes fun of me because I am a clearance rack huntress. When I have something new she always says "Let me guess...on clearance at _______" (Insert Target or Old Navy here)

Its true, I am always on the trail of a good bargain. I could stand and sift through clearance racks for hours looking for that one shirt marked down to $6.99. I'm not ashamed! A good deal is just that....a good deal!

Last night I got a super fantastic deal on something I really needed anyway....a winter coat. I have been drooling over the wool coats at Old Navy since they appeared back in October. I looooove wool peacoats. I have had one every year since High School. I was really drooling over this gorgeous red long wool peacoat. Alas, it was $100 and even though its a coat. Thats crazy!

Finally, the heavens opened up and the angels sang. I saw the commercial while watching Dancing with the Stars. All outerwear 50% off at Old Navy. SCORE!!

Not only that, but I also had my $10 bucks back that I had been saving for a rainy day.

So I went off to Old Navy last night. First disapointment...no red long peacoat in my size. Pooey. But then, the more i thought about it, the long coat is kind of dressy for everyday use. Then I ventured to the fur lined puffy jackets. Strike out again! None in my size. Dang it!

Just when I had given up all hope and decided to take one last pass around the store before leaving...EMPTY HANDED (I never ever do that) I saw this little gem hanging in shop 1 back in the corner.
Its everything I wanted and more...casual, everyday style but that classic peacoat look. I was extatic!

Regular price? $69.99. 50% off? Check. $34.99. $10 bucks back? Of course!!

I got my coat for 25 freakin bucks!! Yeah BABY!

Anyways, just wanted to share my joy with you. Let the holiday shopping season BEGIN!

No comments: