Thursday, November 20, 2008

November is Lung Cancer Awareness Month

So, yeah, we got some devistating news last Thursday. My Maw Maw was disgnosed with Stage 3a Lung Cancer. It has spread to her lymph nodes, so it is inoperable. She will have to have chemo and radiation treatment to hopefully shrink the cancerous cells.

The sad part is, she never smoked a day in her life. The good news is, otherwise she is very healthy, her heart is very strong. I thank God for small gifts.

Could you please pray for her? I need my Grandmas! I lost one other to cancer about 13 years ago and the other is suffering greatly from an advanced case of Parkinsons and Lewy Body Syndrome. The doctor does not know if she will live to see Christmas.

It's a very sad time for my family.

2 comments:

M. R. Shamasneh said...

Kristen,
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. My mom passed away in April from breast cancer that had spread to her lungs and liver, so I kinda know what you guys are going through. My prayers are with you and your mom.

Kristen said...

Thank you so much Michelle. I am so sorry you lost your Mom. Cancer is a terrible thing. Thank you for your prayers.