Friday, October 8, 2010

Dream a little dream....

I know we all dream every night, and don't even remember it. Sometimes, I will wake up from a dream and remember it in vivid detail, but then a few hours later I can't remember it at all. I think I should put a notebook by my bed so I can jot it down. I feel frustrated when I can't remember something so recent. I think its a mechanism our mind uses kind of like temporary Internet files, clears them out of your hard drive so you have room for more important memories.

When I woke up this morning, I remembered the dream I was having.

I dreamed that I was driving my sister's Scion, but in the dream it was my car. I was driving around alot, running errands. Then I met my uncle, because we were going on a trip together. At that point, I parked the car and rode with him. We went to eat, and then we went to the drug store. I can remember shopping in the drugstore vividly, but not what I was shopping for.

Then it was time to go get my car, and I could not remember where it was parked. We were searching all over and couldn't find it. We retraced all the steps I could remember and the car was no where to be found. I remember being worried that if I couldn't find my car before the trip, it would get towed away. I woke up before there was any resolution.

So, I thought it would be fun to look up the parts of my dream in a dream dictionary and see what it all means. This is what I found:

To dream that you forgot or can't find where you parked your car, indicates that you are dissatisfied or unhappy with an aspect of your waking life. You do not know what you really want to do with your life or where you want to go.

To dream that you are going on a trip, suggests that you are in need of a change of scenery. You are feeling overworked and need to take time out for yourself for some fun and relaxation. Alternatively, the dream means that you are looking to explore a different aspect of yourself.

To dream that you are on a business trip, suggests that you are having a difficult time trying to relax and being at ease. You may be feeling overwhelmed.

To dream that you are shopping, symbolizes your needs and desires. It also represents opportunities and options that you come across in life. Consider what you are shopping for and what needs you are try to fulfill. In particular, to dream that you are shopping for food and groceries, signifies your hidden attempt to buy the attention of others. If you are shopping for clothes, then it suggests that you are trying to put forth a new image.

To dream that you are in a drugstore, signifies a time for healing. You need to correct your thinking and readjust your attitude. You should look within yourself for the solution to a problem instead of relying on outside help. Alternatively, you may also be experiencing concerns with your health.

Its pretty creepy how accurate alot of that is. Maybe we should listen to our dreams more often....

No comments: