Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Wilton Course 1: Class 2

Well, 2 down, 2 to go.


Last night's Wilton class was slightly less boring, but not much. At least we actually got to do something this class other than sit and watch the teacher talk.

We practiced piping and decorated our first cake in the class. The teacher had everyone else in the class pipe a flower onto their cakes but she called me up to the front with my cake and had me demonstrate using piping gel to transfer a pattern onto the cake. So my cake turned out to be a rainbow! Whoo.

The older lady beside me was really having a problem with the rose thing we started last night. I tried to help her...but it almost seems like a lost cause. Honestly I really feel better about my self-taught skills being in this class! There is only a few, out of a class of about 12 that really know what they are doing.

John at work, who the cake was for, realllly loved he rainbow. *rolls eyes*



Next week we are to bring in a dozen cupcakes to decorate. We are doing the creepy Wilton Clowns. Oh joy.



So anyways, here is my cake from the second class:

No comments: