Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A little game of catch up

So, I went to the dentist yesterday. It had been a few years since my last cleaning (no insurance) so I was nervous as to what was going on inside this loud mouth. I had a tooth on the right side that would throb from time to time and I was scared it was cavities. Well, the good news is...no (new) cavities! Whew...I almost fell out of the chair when the dentist said that in his broken English. Side note: why are almost all dentists Asian? Anyways, I did have one of my childhood fillings fall out so I have to get that re-filled, but I only have to pay $80 out of pocket for the white composite filling, so that's decent.

I went to the High Museum with my bestie on Friday for The First Emperor: Terracotta Army exhibit. It was so awesome. I am a history buff, so it was fascinating to me. The emperor built over 7,000 of these life size terracotta army men to watch over him in the afterlife. He also built civil officials, horses, cranes and birds and there is a legend that he built a liquid mercury river to flow through his underground world. The roof was even painted with stars. Fascinating. The next exhibit that is coming is Monet: Water Lilies. I am psyched about that too. It opens in June.

Saturday morning, I went to an Open House at Le Cordon Bleu, a culinary school here in Atlanta. If you know me, you know I love to cook and bake, and I have always thought in the back of my head that I would love to have a career in the field. I especially love pastries and baking. Well, the school has a Patisserie and Baking certificate program. I am all over that. I would love to do wedding and celebration cakes. But *jaw drop* just the Pastry and Baking certificate program is ..........$20,000. Yep. The full culinary program is almost $40,000! Whew, that's a huge chunk of change and I am broke. Oh well.....maybe some day I will be able to afford it. The tour was fun, and then one of the instructor chef's did a demonstration and made the whole "class" Eggs Benedict with Tourne potatoes and a salad. It was delish!

Saturday afternoon was the neighborhood spring party. It's usually a decent way to spend a nice afternoon. This was no exception. They had a moon bounce for the kids, face painting, cupcake decorating and pine cone bird feeder making. The face painting was awesome. Overall, a fun weekend!

No comments: